Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gingrich!

It's amazing that Gingrich can promote child labor in a debate, and none of his rivals called him out on it.  Child labor...really?  That has got to be one of the dumbest ideas any major politician has come up with since it came to light that Michele Bachmann endorses having gay people pray their sexual orientation away.


I also do not understand how he has been able to get away with painting himself as a Washington outsider when he was both the Speaker of the House, and a Washington lobbiest.  The only real outsider who was ever officially in the race was Herman Cain.  It's also interesting that Cain's campaign ended after details about sordid sexual indiscretions came to light, yet when details about Gingrich's iffy past come out, he is able to play the "poor me" card, and win a primary.  It's hypocritical of the press to let Gingrich off after execrating Cain.  Then again, when it comes to Gingrinch, nothing makes sense.

He says some of the craziest shit.  For instance, he once said, “It doesn’t matter what I do. People need to hear what I have to say. There’s no one else who can say what I can say. It doesn’t matter what I live.”

You also have to love someone who rails against the "elitest" left, but says, “I’m not a natural leader. I’m too intellectual; I’m too abstract; I think too much.”  What an asshat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment